What's It All About, eh?

Cape Breton evokes deep memories and strong emotions for me as well as a deep appreciation for the beauty of my adopted island. My hopes are that you too might find the photos evocative - maybe a view you've not enjoyed before, or an 'Oh I've been there', or if from away that you may be encouraged to visit this fair isle so that you might come to love and breathe Cape Breton as I do. One word about place names that I use - some are completely local usage while others are from maps of Cape Breton that I've purchased over the years. I frequently post travel and other photos that are of interest to me - and hopefully you.

On the right hand side bar find my take on Single Malt whiskey - from how to best enjoy this noble drink to reviews (in a most non-professional manner) of ones that I have tried and liked - or not. Also musings, mine and others, on life in general.

Photographs are roughly 98%+ my own and copy-righted. For the occasional photo that is borrowed, credit is given where possible - recently I have started posting unusual net photographs that seem unique. Feel free to borrow any of my photos for non-commercial use, otherwise contact me. Starting late in 2013 I have tried to be consistent in identifying my photographs using ©smck on all out of camera photos I personally captured - (I often do minor computer changes such as 'crop' or 'shadow' etc but usually nothing major), and using
©norvellhimself on all photos that I have played around with in case it might not be obvious. Lately I have dropped the ©smck and have watermarked them with the blog name.

COMMENTS are appreciated as feedback is the driving energy of blogging - And if you like this site please pass it along to a friend. Thanks!

NOTE: TO ENLARGE PHOTO, CLICK ON SAME - If using Firefox also click f11 - photos will fill the screen ...... ----------------------------------- ......TRANSLATION BUTTON AT TOP OF LEFT COLUMN!

Interview with God on the State of the Universe



­­­­


­­­­Interview with God on the State of the Universe
– by St. Stephen, writing for the God In The Abstract Review  
 (raw draft)

Good Morning God I am pleased that you were able to meet like this for I am sure that a person … errr, a God, of your stature rather - must have many demands and obligations to attend.
- and good morning to you Norvell.  And as to my schedule, my wife thought it best to work this interview in before the coming Apocalypse – or at least the one in this version of the universe.
Well God, I must say that in one quick answer you have already inundated my mind with so many next questions that I have a hard time focusing – but let’s stay simple for the time being – so you do keep a schedule, eh?
Well actually it is Martha, my wife, which keeps it – she’s quite keen on that type of thing.  Does it with that more modern papyrus and quill thing.  It’s so much better than the early clay and stylus.  And yes, I know all about your computer stuff but what normal God would want to get stuck in all that spam mail and virus thing.  We’ll stick with the papyrus for the rest of this time event.  It has that nice ring of authenticity to it, you know.
Hmmm!  Martha is it? I thought that Mary was -
Oh, no no no.  That was such a fortuitous thing.  Martha and I can’t have children and me luckily being all knowing knew that it wasn’t me.  But she agreed that I could try for a son if I found a suitable birth mother. So I sent Gabe down here to scout things out because I was trying to further that group of Israelites with their legends etc. – you know so that I could get Christianity started – it’s part of my overall plan you know.  And Mary being a teenager was quite excited by what Gabe told her and agreed right away.
Holy Cats – oops! I mean Wow!!  So you being all knowing know that it wasn’t Gabe, eh?  Strike that – and not me, hahaha, if you follow what I mean.  So what did Jesus think about this when he came home.  Was he pissed – Oh Strike that too.  What did you think about beforehand when you all knowingly knew that he would be crucified in the end?
I figured that if he was only half a man – and I guess that is what he was really, eh? – what’s a little pain for helping out your old man.  I mean he doesn’t live at  home but we see each other now and again – and you know I don’t make him go to those parallel universes – he just does it for the fun of it, best as I can see – now that’s a figurative comment for you isn’t it.   No, actually I don’t like to dwell all knowingly on those kind of things – let him live his own life. 
Can I intersperse something gross here God?  I don’t think it will make it into the Review but it’s something that has bothered me ever since I was toilet trained – well maybe not that young but you know (and of course you do, you sly all-knowing guy… err God that you are) pretty darn young.  Do you –
Yes! Yes! Yes!  I do.  It’s one of the basic laws of life.  Energy source in – depleted source out.  Now can we get on to some serious stuff?  I might have eternity to spare but you don’t, St Stephen.  And if I may interject a question of my own, where do you come off from on this Saint thing you trot out everywhere?
Well it was just a typing error you know! – and I liked it as a buzz kinda thing.
Typing error my ah…errrr, my foot.  You just joy in being a smart-ass don’t you – and that’s a statement not a question.  Now get on with the interview – I’m tempted to say “my time is valuable”.
Real quick, let me say I was just changing my facebook name – there are three Stephens, me, my son and my grandson.  So even though I’m not a Senior I knew it would make identification more positive so I typed Sr but my finger had hit the t instead of the r, and I did like it.  I said that already on FB so don’t give me crap about it!  OK!   pleaseee!
Ok, just don’t fawn about and start getting on your knees and wailing about forgiveness. I hate that phony adoration stuff.  Just treat me like one of the crowd most of the time.  You can’t imagine how millennium after millennium of that bowing down and licking my feet while you are secretly sinful as Hell both bores me to tears but – as you so succinctly said it – it also pisses me off!
Right-on God old boy.   So let’s see here, just what is your name? I know now that Mrs God is Martha but who are you – name-wise I mean.
Well St Stephen as far as I can see – and this is just a quote, mind you, from Wikipedia that I once read - as to how you humans think about this, to wit:
“The nature of a holy name can be described as either personal or attributive. In many cultures it is often difficult to distinguish between the personal and the attributive names of God, the two divisions necessarily shading into each other.”
So for now why don’t you just call me Bob – that’s what the Canadians were once going to call one of their damn – whoops! now it’s my turn to say strike that – northern territories I think.

Man, Bob you are one cool dude you know – and I can’t just keep saying ‘and of course you know’ either.  Last time. Promise. So back to the game at hand let me ask you this.  When you said and I quote. ‘- in this version of the Universe’ did you mean that there are multiple versions of the universe?

Now that’s a real toughie Norvell – and I hate to go all clubby on you but there are only a few of you humans that could really follow this – I am amazed myself, at how clever some of you guys can be.  However for the purposes of this interview I’ll just say that there are different versions that exist separately but not in time – say as before or after this universe, or space – i.e.  versions do not exist as bubbles outside this bubble, or in time-space but simply exist in being viable.  And for now that’s about all that I can convey to you in any meaningful fashion.  Sorry, but it would be similar to you trying to teach your dog French.

Man, Bob you are one cool dude you know – and I can’t just –

– er finish this, is that what you were trying to say before I turned you to stone.  You bored me with all that ‘cool dude’ jazz you know and it never pays to annoy God!  St. Stephen – my foot!”

Off Stage, centre stage left – a womans voice

Roberttt!  Are you coming to dinner or am I just cooking for the fun of it?

Yes Dear.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment